Thrive is hiring a Director of Transportation Services
The Director of Transportation directs, develops and implements the overall operations of Allen Regional Transportation Services through Thrive Allen County (until it is established as a not-for-profit entity), including including safety, compliance, equipment and personnel. Develops and directs operational policies and procedures to ensure the safety and efficiency of all transportation activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the daily operations of Allen Regional Transportation Services.
- Ensure compliance with regulations and state and federal program requirements pertaining to the transportation program; seek advice from legal/regulatory representatives as needed.
- Operate within the approved budget, ensuring to maximize the use of resources and maintaining the organization in a positive financial position.
- Secure funding for continued programs and organization, including fundraising, grant writing, contracts, and other resources.
- Hire, manage and retain quality staff, creating a dynamic and highly effective organizational culture. Make sure vehicle operators are properly trained and certified according to state laws.
- Monitor transportation costs, service level agreements, and performance metrics to identify and resolve issues and realize efficiencies.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to forecast and meet capacity needs and secure sustainable funding for the program.
- Submit an annual budget and quarterly financial statements that fairly reflect the financial position of the organization to the board of directors for approval.
- Submit required reports to funders and the Kansas Department of Transportation.
- Create and distribute marketing and outreach materials to the public and media.
- Assign and coordinate transportation services with various drivers. Monitor service and driver activity to ensure timely and efficient execution of tasks.
- Provide feedback on strategic decisions that affect the organization.
- Implement and monitor programs that achieve the organization’s mission.
- Project an image of optimism, progress and excellence for Allen Regional Transportation Services by being active and visible in the community, media and working closely with funders, community members and others organizations.
- Communicate the importance of the programs and the organization to the community.
- Lead the organization in a manner that supports and guides its mission as defined by the board.
- Communicate effectively with the Board and provide timely and accurate information necessary for the proper functioning of the Board and for informed decision-making.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local, state and national elected and appointed officials; professional peers at local, state and national levels.
- Ensure communications, inquiries and transportation issues are handled in a timely manner.
- Assist in scheduling and confirming transportation appointments by phone and email.
- Other assigned projects and tasks.
- 3+ years of experience in non-profit organization management and/or transportation management
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- Strong organizational skills, including planning, delegating, developing schedules and facilitating tasks.
- Budget management skills including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- Ability to convey a vision of the organization’s strategic future to stakeholders.
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and grant management.
- Ability to work with and motivate board members, staff and volunteers.
- Strong written and oral communication skills who communicate clearly and effectively in a professional manner.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Outgoing and friendly personality who enjoys working with the public with excellent customer service.
- Ability to work effectively with people from all social, economic, racial and cultural backgrounds.
- Thrive is an EOE.
- Compensation: This is a full-time salaried position paid between $50,000 and $60,000, depending on experience. The benefits package includes medical insurance, IRA contributions, 120 hours of PTO, and paid time off.
- Must pass background check (including DMV check) and drug screening.
- Must pass or have already passed all required training including CPR, first aid and defensive driving. Thrive will pay for any necessary training that the employee does not currently have.
- Due to work with immunocompromised passengers, must be vaccinated or willing to be vaccinated against Covid-19.
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Thrive is hiring a Director of Transportation Services2022-08-032022-08-03https://thriveallencounty.org/media/thrivelogo-280×156.pngProsper Allen Countyhttps://thriveallencounty.org/media/img_2304-scaled.jpg200px200px