VA Transportation Services | VA Tampa Health Care
Veterans who are eligible for VA benefits and have a VA-authorized appointment are eligible for transportation through the VTS program based on availability/capacity of transportation resources and local facility usage guidelines. Please contact VTS to make an appointment
Veterans Transportation Service
Veterans who are eligible for VA health care benefits and who have an appointment authorized by VA are eligible for transportation through the Veteran Transportation Service (VTS) program based on availability/capacity of transportation resources and facilities. guidelines for use of local facilities. Please call the number below to schedule transportation with VTS.
Veterans Transportation Service (VTS)
13000 Bruce B. Downs Blvd.
Tampa, Florida 33612
Tampa campus map
Call: 813-816-7150 option 6
Travel of the beneficiary
The Beneficiary Travel (BT) program reimburses eligible veterans for expenses incurred while traveling to and from VA healthcare appointments.
The BT program can also provide pre-approved transportation solutions and arrange special mode transportation (SMT) upon VA’s request. Veterans may be eligible for transportation by common carrier (such as bus, taxi, plane, or train) under certain conditions. You may also be eligible for reimbursement when you use ambulances, wheelchair vans or ambulettes (non-emergency medical transportation). Please visit the link below or call the travel desk at 813-816-7150 option 6 to find out if you are eligible for travel expense reimbursement.
Learn more about reimbursement of VA travel allowances
To ensure timely processing and payment of travel expense reimbursement, veterans or their surrogate may submit travel expense claims online by visiting AccessVA and selecting the option to enter a travel expense claim. trip for veteran. This will direct users to the Beneficiary Travel Self-Service System (BTSSS). BTSSS allows veterans and caregivers to submit claims from a computer or mobile device. It also allows users to electronically track the status of their application(s). Veterans who do not have a computer or Internet access can request to complete Form VA 10-3542 (Veteran/Recipient Request for Reimbursement of Travel Expenses) at their next appointment. GOES. Veterans can contact the Travel Office at 813-816-7150 option 6 for more information.
Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Local transportation options
Many medical centers and clinics are also served by other local transport services. To find them, consult the information on the transport services of the establishment you wish to visit.
Voluntary Transport Network (VTN)
In addition to the options available to eligible veterans through the VTS and Beneficiary Travel programs, the Volunteer Transportation Network (VTN) offers another travel option in our region. Established in 1987 through a partnership with Disabled American Veterans (DAV) and the VA Center for Development and Civic Engagement, this program is designed to provide transportation services to outpatient veterans seeking care at VA facilities that have no other means of transport. This courtesy program uses donated vehicles and volunteer drivers.
- Veterans must have scheduled appointments at one of the clinics at James A. Haley Hospital for Veterans Affairs.
- Veterans must be ambulatory. (Vans are not equipped to store wheelchairs or walkers.) Volunteer drivers are not able to assist Veterans with transfers or other mobility needs.
- Vans cannot accommodate passengers with non-portable oxygen cylinders.
- The VTN should not be used to transport veterans in the event of a medical emergency. If you experience a medical emergency, call 911.
- VTN may not be appropriate for veterans with certain “same day procedures” depending on your medical needs after the procedure. Talk to your provider to find out if it’s necessary to have a friend or family member transport you instead.
- Be sure to bring your VA ID or proof of veteran status with photo ID when boarding the van.
- When driving a VTN van, veterans are not entitled to receive a travel allowance. This could result in the denial of future VTN service.
To schedule a ride with the VTN, contact the appropriate dispatcher:
813-647-2866 | downtown sun (Tampa Virginia)
813-485-3859 | South Hillsborough (SOHI Clinic)
813-816-6877 | land of lakes (Lakeland Clinic & Tampa VA)
813-647-2865 | Lake of Wales (Tampa Virginia)
813-330-1130 | Brooksville (Tampa Virginia)
813-647-2860 | New Port Richey (Tampa Virginia)
813-647-2862 | Lecanto (New Port Richey & Tampa VA)
Questions about volunteering or donating to the AV? Call: 813-972-7533 or Email: [email protected]